falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.7 RC1
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 10:57:06 GMT
+1 binding

Licenses - OK
Signature - OK
Build - OK
Checksums - OK

Regards
Srikanth Sundarrajan

From: ajaynsit@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:06:28 +0530
Subject: [VOTE] Release of Apache Falcon 0.7 RC1
To: dev@falcon.apache.org

Hello everyone,
This is the call for vote for the following RC to be released as official Apache Falcon 0.7
release.
The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded from:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.7-sources/

You can find the KEYS file here:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS
To verify signature:
>gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.7-sources.tar.gz.asc apache-falcon-0.7-sources.tar.gz
Git commit-id for the tag  release-0.7-rc1:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=687c93a3d3b9e2425e235cd464f6dcd387875353
To verify signature on git tag >git verify-tag release-0.7-rc1

We have closed more than 200 JIRAs as part of this release, the details of which can be found
here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314429&version=12329000
Please find attached the release document with brief explanation on key changes. This vote
will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on releasing this RC.
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side
NOTE: This is the first release candidate for 0.7 vote but it's named as release-0.7-rc1 because
some issues were found between creating tag release-0.7-rc0 and and calling for vote. Instead
of modifying that tag I created a new one. Sorry for the confusion.
ThanksAjay Yadava