falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Rishav Rohit <rishav.rohi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yesterday's date value in Falcon
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 12:18:25 GMT
Pallavi,

Thanks for prompt response. My $FALCON_INSTALL_DIR/oozie is not having
oozie-site.xml, I will check with my hadoop admin. Other configurations
look fine

1. Oozie installation has falcon-oozie-el-extension-* under libext and
WEB-INF dir -
$ find /usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/oozie -name "*falcon-oozie-el-extension-*"
/usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/oozie/oozie-server/webapps/oozie/WEB-INF/lib/falcon-oozie-el-extension-0.6.0.2.2.0.0-2041.jar
/usr/hdp/2.2.0.0-2041/oozie/libext/falcon-oozie-el-extension-0.6.0.2.2.0.0-2041.jar

2. I believe property names like oozie.service.ELService.ext.functions.*
are the appropriate settings for the EL expression to be resolved, please
correct if I am wrong. These are present in my oozie-site,xml

3. $FALCON_INSTALL_DIR/oozie has the jar but not oozie-site.xml

*Should we place oozie-site.xml in $FALCON_INSTALL_DIR/oozie/ or
$FALCON_INSTALL_DIR/oozi/conf/?*
Regards,
Rishav

> Rishav,
> Srikanth just pointed out that I was mistaken. Although Falcon doesn't
> evaluate the property values, the EL expressions should be resolved by
> Oozie itself. For this to happen, the following has to be place:
> 1. Oozie installation must have falcon-oozie-el-extension-*.jar under its
> libext and also the WAR must have it too.
> 2. Oozie's oozie-site.xml must be updated with appropriate settings for
the
> EL expression to be resolved.
>
> Both the jar and the sample oozie-site.xml should be available under
> $FALCON_INSTALL_DIR/oozie
>
> Can you please check if the above configuration is taken care of. I will
> try this out on my dev environment, in the meanwhile.
>
> Apologies for the confusion,
> Regards,
> Pallavi
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Pallavi Rao <pallavi.rao@inmobi.com>
wrote:

>> Rishav,
>> Falcon currently does NOT resolve EL expressions supplied in properties.
>> The property values are not interpreted in any way by Falcon, they are
just
>> passed along "as is" to your oozie workflow.
>>
>> Seems you have a use case for the same. Please file a feature request
>> against FALCON and we will evaluate and requirement and pick it up.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pallavi
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Rishav Rohit <rishav.rohit87@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to schedule a Falcon process which invokes an oozie SSH action
>>> workflow, the shell script need yesterday's date as a parameter and I
used
>>> below in Falcon process definition -
>>>
>>> <properties>
>>>     <property name="source_type" value="mobile" />
>>>     <property name="feed_date" value="yesterday(0,0)" />
>>> </properties>
>>>
>>> but on execution this process throws below error -
>>> UNKOWN_ERROR: Not able to execute ssh-base.sh on user@server |
>>> ErrorStream:
>>> bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `(bash: -c: line 0:

`oozie-oozi/0007675-150518162055448-oozie-oozi-W/external--ssh/ssh-base.sh
>>> FLATTEN_ARGS curl "

http://server:11000/oozie/callback?id=0007675-150518162055448-oozie-oozi-W@external&status=#status
>>> "