falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajayn...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] - Cancel Patches & newbie JIRAs
Date Thu, 14 May 2015 05:54:44 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Currently we have around 30 issues in Patch Available state. To keep this
queue short and to distinguish the issues which haven't been reviewed from
the issues which have been reviewed but need further work, I propose that
we should change the state to Open (by cancelling the patch). This way we
can review patches which need to be looked at more efficiently and
frequently.

My second suggestion is to start creating some "nice to have" JIRAs which
are suitable for new comers and label them as *newbie. *This will help new
comers who want to contribute to the project. Experienced contributors
should avoid assigning these JIRAs to themselves unless absolutely
necessary. Help from other committers towards creating more newbie JIRAs is
very welcome.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Ajay Yadava