falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Pallavi Rao <pallavi....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: UI throws authentication error
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 04:21:10 GMT
Mahak,
I have noticed that UI requires user.name to be passed as query param,
without which it throws that error. Try with
https://localhost:15443/?user.name=<user name>

The user is not really authenticated.

If this doesn't work, then, pass on the config files and logs (as Ying has
requested), so, we can debug further.

Thanks,
Pallavi

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:17 AM, Ying Zheng <yzheng@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Hi Mahak,
>
> Could you share your configuration file 'startup.properties'? Could you
> provide your falcon.application.log under logs folder?
>
> It is very likely that your startup.property is not set up correctly. Here
> is a guideline:
> http://falcon.apache.org/Security.html
>

> Thanks,
> Ying
>

> On 5/11/15, 4:05 PM, "Mahak Mukhi" <mmukhi@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Whenever I try and access the UI to my falcon
> >server(https://<servername>:15443/) it  prompts to ask for a user.name
> >which follows with the following exception Failed to load data. Error:
> >401 Authentication required.
> >What might be causing this?
> > Regards,
> >Mahak Mukhi