falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Czech <eczec...@gmail.com>
Subject Forced Execution of Late Input Feed Instances
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:28:10 GMT
Apologies if this isn't the right place for a question like this, but I
thought it was worth asking before diving into the source code any more
(and I'm not sure where else to go).

Is there a way to force a process to run if one or more of its required
input feed instances aren't yet available?  By this I don't mean that the
input feed instances arrive late, I mean that they're not present and they
never will be (e.g. for sparse events recorded on a fairly small time scale
like seconds or minutes).

I'd like to tie a process that runs every 6 hours to an input feed with an
hourly frequency but I'm not sure how to gracefully manage cases where one
of the input hours is missing in an expected way, without causing the other
5 hours worth of data to be ignored.

Is there a good place in the source code to look for where that behavior
would be managed (to answer the question myself perhaps)?

Thanks and sorry again for posing a user question to a dev list!