falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajayn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consuming feed/process metrics generated by Falcon
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:54:50 GMT
Hi Adam,

Excellent suggestions, in fact we are actually thinking on same lines and I
am working on enabling SLA and alerts for both processes and feeds. SLA
tags are already added to feeds and processes but currently they are not
being consumed or passed to oozie. These features will not make to 0.6.1
release but will definitely be released as part of next release. Idea is to
have API which can be used by alerting tools and WEB UI.

For now the workaround would be using falcon's rest api and run a cron job
to do periodic checks for status/availability, it will be ugly/inefficient
but it definitely works. You can listen to ActiveMQ messages for now and it
should work but please follow FALCON-1031.

As for your suggestions, I am not sure how you intend to generate alerts
using metrics, as far as I know metrics only log certain server response
times like REST API and graph db. I am curious and would like to know if
you have any workaround using metrics.log We are actually planning to take
approach 2 (by leveraging oozie)(FALCON-722). I have created a JIRA for the
same so that you can track the progress (FALCON-1090)