falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consuming feed/process metrics generated by Falcon
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:31:22 GMT
Hi!

Excellent suggestions, in fact we are actually thinking on same lines and I
> am working on enabling SLA and alerts for both processes and feeds. SLA
> tags are already added to feeds and processes but currently they are not
> being consumed or passed to oozie. These features will not make to 0.6.1
> release but will definitely be released as part of next release. Idea is to
> have API which can be used by alerting tools and WEB UI.

That would be great.

> You can listen to ActiveMQ messages for now and it
> should work but please follow FALCON-1031.

Do you know what tools Falcon adopters use for subscribing the events from
ActiveMQ to monitor their pipelines?

> As for your suggestions, I am not sure how you intend to generate alerts
> using metrics, as far as I know metrics only log certain server response
> times like REST API and graph db.

I mean the metrics like:

> Process instance kill events (success & failures)
> Process instance failure events

from http://falcon.apache.org/Operability.html.

Don't they mean that process hasn't finished successfully?

Cheers!
Adam