falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Consuming feed/process metrics generated by Falcon
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 09:44:03 GMT
Hi,

What tools do you use/recommends to consume feed+process metrics generated
by Falcon and convert them into alerts/emails (e.g. when the process fails
or doesn't meet its SLA)?

Do you recommend to consume events from ActiveMQ or from
the falcon.metric.log file?
In case of ActiveMQ, do you recommend some clients or web consoles? I don't
have much experience with ActiveMQ and this is why I ask for the best
practices :)

Thanks in advance!
Adam

PS. Do you think that it would be useful if:

1. Falcon displays the content of the falcon.metric.log file in the web UI
and allows to search by entity type and name, status as described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-994. If you don't like this
idea, do you use/know any cool ActiveMQ web console that displays the
content of all Falcon-related topic in a nice way?

2. Add an additional tag in the process specification that lets you specify
where an email should be sent when the process fails, succeeds or is late.
This could leverage Ooozie for sending emails as Oozie already provides the
email action.