falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consuming feed/process metrics generated by Falcon
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:38:39 GMT
Hi!

Do you know what tools Falcon adopters use for subscribing the events from
> ActiveMQ to monitor their pipelines?
>

>> As for your suggestions, I am not sure how you intend to generate alerts
>> using metrics, as far as I know metrics only log certain server response
>> times like REST API and graph db.

I used Karaf+Camel for consuming messages from ActiveMQ and routing them to
email account (based on
http://blog.nanthrax.net/2014/03/hadoop-cdc-and-processes-notification-with-apache-falcon-apache-activemq-and-apache-camel
written by Jean-Baptiste Onofré).

This works fine for my current need (i.g. be notified if the process
fails), but it might be less convenient in the long run. For example, I
need to maintain the list of recipients who should be notified in Camel (a
yet another system), while I would love to have everything in Falcon's
definition of process. Would be great if Falcon seamlessly integrates with
some alerting tool in the nearest future.

Cheers!
Adam