falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Siva P Thumma <sivatu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to come up with community driven agenda for Falcon sync up meetings
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:26:46 GMT
Zulfi,

One funny point why I did not join the first bi-weekly sync-up after the
calendar schedule been sent was that the mail went to my spam. Then I was
in need of an overview of Falcon to recommend in my workplace. This
probably could have been the case with some other folks too.

I am a one year noob to Big-Data. Though I have coded in plain Hadoop, it
would be better for people like me to have some documentation. The
challenge here is we are not sure of what we can demand for, in an Open
Source project like this.

You know, We were having a clear need of this kind of software, but We have
opted out completely by choosing loggly as a choice just because lack of
documentation for Falcon in a self intuitive way (We use AWS for
infrastructure needs). In other words, Falcon now requires full
documentation as it is no more an incubator. If there is a way I can
contribute in this regards, I would do.

-Siva P Thumma