falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Idris Ali <psychid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Support of ActiveMQ HA/Scalability
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 19:59:11 GMT
Yeah sure, no hurry.

I think I figured it out, seems to be the memory config issue in the new
installation.

2015-02-11 17:03:44,843 | ERROR | Could not accept connection :
java.lang.Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector | Ac

tiveMQ Transport Server Thread Handler: stomp://localhost:61613

2015-02-11 17:02:32,440 | ERROR | Could not accept connection :
java.lang.Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector | Ac

tiveMQ Transport Server Thread Handler: tcp://0.0.0.0:61616

2015-02-11 17:02:26,140 | DEBUG | Unregistering MBean
org.apache.activemq:type=Broker,brokerName=localhost,connector=clientConnectors,connectorName=openwire,connectionViewType=clien

tId,connectionName=ID_tzns4008.grid.uj1.inmobi.com-48815-1422442061155-2_1
| org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagementContext | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp:///IP:40234@61616

2015-02-11 17:01:45,533 | WARN  | Failed to remove producer:
ID:machine-48831-1423672843718-0:1:1:1 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection | ActiveMQ

Transport: tcp:///IP:55499@61616

*java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space   *

        at
java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.remove(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:515)

        at
java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.remove(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:232)

Followed by lot of this messages:

Thanks again,

-Idris

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> Hey Idris,
>
> if you don't mind, I would like to work on this tomorrow (my time).
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 02/11/2015 07:36 PM, Idris Ali wrote:
>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> Slightly off from this discussion, we recently upgraded ActiveMQ version
>> 5.9.1 from 5.4.3 to work with Falcon.
>>
>> With the default configs, however we see wire format negotiation timedout
>> issue pretty often and the job fails.
>>
>> Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class
>> [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], main() threw exception,
>> javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
>> send his wire format.
>> org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMainException:
>> javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
>> send his wire format.
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.run(JavaMain.java:60)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(
>> LauncherMain.java:42)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.main(JavaMain.java:37)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMapper.map(
>> LauncherMapper.java:293)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:54)
>>

>> Initial investigation suggests something to do with Log4j deadlock.
>> Please let me know if this is a known issue in 5.9.1 ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Idris
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Pallavi Rao <pallavi.rao@inmobi.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  JB,
>>> We are working on Falcon talking to ActiveMQ HA setup too.  Our initial
>>> hunch is that as long as the right URL (with fail over scheme) is
>>> specified
>>> in the configuration, startup properties or cluster definition, it should
>>> work without any code changes. Plan to run a quick test soon. Will keep
>>> you
>>> posted.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pallavi
>>> On Feb 10, 2015 7:51 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,

>>> conduit

>>> the

>>> --
>>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
>>> the
>>> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
>>> privileged
>>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby