falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Idris Ali <psychid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Support of ActiveMQ HA/Scalability
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:36:45 GMT
Hi JB,

Slightly off from this discussion, we recently upgraded ActiveMQ version to
5.9.1 from 5.4.3 to work with Falcon.

With the default configs, however we see wire format negotiation timedout
issue pretty often and the job fails.

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class
[org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], main() threw exception,
javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
send his wire format.
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMainException:
javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
send his wire format.
	at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.run(JavaMain.java:60)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(LauncherMain.java:42)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.main(JavaMain.java:37)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMapper.map(LauncherMapper.java:293)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:54)

Initial investigation suggests something to do with Log4j deadlock.
Please let me know if this is a known issue in 5.9.1 ?

Thanks,
-Idris