falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Ajay Yadav <ajayn...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Colo vs Cluster
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:27:08 GMT
Hi,

   1. Processes and feeds operate at a cluster level but when we operate on
   instance command we have to give colo.
   2. In falcon some commands use clusters e.g. entity-summary, and some
   feed instance commands also accept a *sourceClusters* option (by the way
   this is not documented)  while many instance commands use colo e.g.
   schedule command
   3. I can find the current colo but I can't find the current cluster for
   a process instance. So in a single colo multi cluster setup  how do
   I(user/developer) disambiguate single process instance if there is no
   cluster option.

Do we need to be aware of colocation of the two clusters? If yes, then do
the benefits outweigh the confusion and other overhead like extra code? I
have heard about some legacy reasons to do so but I am not sure if there
are any currently relevant reasons as well. Would like to hear everyone's
thoughts on this.

Regards
Ajay Yadava