falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kawa <kawa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Passing coord:nominalTime() to Hive workflow does NOT work.... :(
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 14:13:08 GMT
Hi Falconers!

I have a falcon process that submits a hive workflow.

I want to pass "*timestampStop*" property from falcon process to hive
script:

*<property name="timestampStop"
value="${coord:formatTime(coord:nominalTime(), 'yyyyMMddHHmmss')}" />*

Unfortunately, my hive script fails due to *"**No function is mapped to the
name "coord:formatTi**me"*.

When using Oozie workflow (instead of Hive workflow), the property is
evaluated correctly. However, I don't want to create verbose Oozie workflow
if just a hive script would be enough.

This functionality is needed for me when the value of *timestamp**Stop* can
not be extracted from HDFS path or table partition.

Do you have any ideas how I could make it work and/or for simple
workarounds?

Cheers!
Adam