falcon-dev mailing list archives

From "amareshwarisr ." <amareshw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back in the business, user mailing list ?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 06:46:02 GMT
Some thoughts on user mailing list :

Trying to put what should go in user mailing list and what not (started
doing this nowdays)

What should go

   - A question from user - regarding usage?
   - Announcements to users - new feature/new release and etc.
   - Not sure people will only subscribe to user list and not dev list. If
      there are people, I'm thinking they will mostly interested in
announcements
      on what is happening.
   - The main use of user mailing list would to separate out user
   discussions and development discussions, assuming jira related updates are
   put in proper filters.

What should not go

   - Jenkins updates
   - Jira updates
   - Reviw board updates

One challenge we always see is to find where should a post from user should
go - whether to user list or dev list and redirect them accordingly.

Overall, +1 for user mailing list - useful when project becomes big and
there are many users.

Thanks
Amareshwari