falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Back in the business, user mailing list ?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:48:18 GMT
Fully agree. Devs should subscribe to all lists.
The point is more for end-users.

Regards
JB

On 01/14/2015 05:36 PM, Srikanth Sundarrajan wrote:
> Perhaps we should go the full distance and create @issues, @user and segregate them.
However, It is important that dev subscribes to both of them, otherwise risk of not responding
to user queries is high.

> Regards
> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>
>> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:35:56 +0000
>> From: preece@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID
>> To: dev@falcon.apache.org
>>
>> I think the Apache suggestion is to combine them at first because most users are
also devs and because it's useful to the devs to know what users are asking about.
>> I don't know that there's enough purely user discussion on the existing list to make
a separate list worthwhile. The vast bulk of the existing traffic is from JIRA updates and
commits, rather than discussion and how-to kinds of questions.
>> On the other hand, having a separate list might encourage more of that kind of discussion
and make the user-oriented discussion and answers more visible to people who aren't engaged
in the source base.
getting involved, so the lack of a users@ list may be a barrier to adoption of the project.
>> scott
>>
>>       On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:43 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun@hotmail.com>
wrote:

during incubation due to recommendations below. I dont know what the threshold is when @user
becomes necessary. Looks like there are enough folks feeling that it is necessary now. May
be we can file an Infra ticket to create it.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org