falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Preece <pre...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Back in the business, user mailing list ?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:35:56 GMT
I think the Apache suggestion is to combine them at first because most users are also devs
and because it's useful to the devs to know what users are asking about.
I don't know that there's enough purely user discussion on the existing list to make a separate
list worthwhile. The vast bulk of the existing traffic is from JIRA updates and commits, rather
than discussion and how-to kinds of questions.
On the other hand, having a separate list might encourage more of that kind of discussion
and make the user-oriented discussion and answers more visible to people who aren't engaged
in the source base.
I think the nature of the traffic on the existing lists discourages new people from getting
involved, so the lack of a users@ list may be a barrier to adoption of the project.
scott

     On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:43 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun@hotmail.com>