falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel L Jones <jon...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Usage Question - Falcon 0.6 (CDH 2.2), Falcon UI & user.name
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:51:16 GMT
Hi,
 I have falcon installed/running as part of the CDH 2.2 sandbox & am just
starting to get hands on & understand how to define feeds, processes &
view lineage.

 I can login to ambari with admin/admin  & then to the falcon UI at
http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:15000/ . However at that page, and  if I
attempt to look at Data Sets or processes I get an error

Failed to load data. Error: 400 Param user.name can't be empty

This can be remedied by adding &user.name=falcon to the URL, so for
example I can view the demo cleanse email process at
http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:15000/entity.html?type=PROCESS&id=cleanseEmailProcess&user.name=falcon

At this point I can view the xml definition of the process and some of the
lineage diagrams.

Is this a known issue with falcon, ambari or the CDH 2.2 image? My intent
is to look at the dev tree in any case so if it's fixed post 0.6 I'm happy
to start going down that route, I just figured I'd start with a known-good
environment first.

If this isn't the appropriate place for this question, apologies.

Nigel Jones
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.