falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Nastetsky <anastet...@spryinc.com>
Subject falcon vs oozie
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:31:26 GMT
Hi,

I have a general usage question about Falcon. I don't see a "user" mailing
list, so I am sending it here. If there's a better place to direct the
question, please let me know.

I have been looking at the OnBoarding:
http://falcon.incubator.apache.org/docs/OnBoarding.html

I understand that Falcon uses Oozie underneath. What is the advantage of
using Falcon instead of using Oozie directly?

It looks like you can specify in your Input Feed information about your
input data, but you can parameterize your paths in Oozie as well (using
job.properties).

I have also heard conflicting information about whether Falcon generates
Oozie workflow.xml files, but in that on-boarding example, it looks like
you need to create the workflow.xml manually. Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,
Alex.