falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: falcon vs oozie
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:49:25 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On 09-Sep-2014, at 9:01 pm, Alex Nastetsky <anastetsky@spryinc.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a general usage question about Falcon. I don't see a "user" mailing list, so I
am sending it here. If there's a better place to direct the question, please let me know.

> I have been looking at the OnBoarding: http://falcon.incubator.apache.org/docs/OnBoarding.html
>
> I understand that Falcon uses Oozie underneath. What is the advantage of using Falcon
instead of using Oozie directly?

> It looks like you can specify in your Input Feed information about your input data, but
you can parameterize your paths in Oozie as well (using job.properties).

> I have also heard conflicting information about whether Falcon generates Oozie workflow.xml
files, but in that on-boarding example, it looks like you need to create the workflow.xml
manually. Which is correct?