falcon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Withdraw support for Hadoop-1 and Oozie 3.x with 0.6 release
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 01:46:54 GMT
I meant 1.7, actually I implied that code should run on any JDK 1.7 and above 

Sent from my iPhone

On 24-Sep-2014, at 10:51 pm, "Seetharam Venkatesh" <venkatesh@innerzeal.com> wrote:

>> Nothing in our code should assume 1.7 is the target JDK.
> You mean 1.8?
> 
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:33 PM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> I dont think we should do anything assuming 1.7. I would prefer that we
>> start using 1.7 features right away, avoid using 1.8 features leaving the
>> option to build & deploy with 1.7 or 1.8 as the users may deem appropriate.
>> Nothing in our code should assume 1.7 is the target JDK.
>> 
>> Regards
>> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>> 
>>> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:42:04 +0530
>>> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Withdraw support for Hadoop-1 and Oozie 3.x with
>> 0.6 release
>>> From: shwetha.gs@inmobi.com
>>> To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
>>> 
>>> No, 1.7 please
>>> 
>>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Seetharam Venkatesh <
>>> venkatesh@innerzeal.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> What about JDK? Should we move to 1.8 directly?
>>>> 
>>>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Shwetha GS <shwetha.gs@inmobi.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> +1
>>>>> 
>>>>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan <
>>>>> sriksun@hotmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>> +1.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Hadoop 2, Oozie 4.0 & above and JDK 1.7 (with no restriction,
>> should be
>>>>>> possible to use JDK 1.8) for 0.6 & above.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:51:27 -0700
>>>>>>> Subject: [DISCUSS] Withdraw support for Hadoop-1 and Oozie 3.x
>> with
>>>> 0.6
>>>>>> release
>>>>>>> From: venkatesh@innerzeal.com
>>>>>>> To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Hey folks,
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> I'm planning on proposing removing support for hadoop-1 and
>> oozie-3.x
>>>>> for
>>>>>>> the upcoming 0.6 release. Since most of the users that I know
are
>>>>> already
>>>>>>> on Hadoop-2.x and Oozie 4.x, it does not make sense for us as
a
>>>>> community
>>>>>>> to support these and spend time testing these.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> Thoughts?
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Venkatesh
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing
>> more to
>>>>>> add,
>>>>>>> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
>>>>>>> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>>>>> 
>>>>> --
>>>>> _____________________________________________________________
>>>>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely
>> for
>>>> the
>>>>> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>>>>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
>>>> privileged
>>>>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
>>>> notified
>>>>> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
>>>> reliance
>>>>> on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
>>>>> unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
>> notify
>>>>> us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from
>> your
>>>>> system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
>>>> transmission
>>>>> of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay
>> in
>>>> its
>>>>> receipt.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> --
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Venkatesh
>>>> 
>>>> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to
>> add,
>>>> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
>>>> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>>> 
>>> --
>>> _____________________________________________________________
>>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
>> the
>>> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
>> privileged
>>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
>> notified
>>> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
>> reliance
>>> on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
>>> unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
>>> us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>>> system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
>> transmission
>>> of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in
>> its
>>> receipt.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> Venkatesh
> 
> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Mime
View raw message