falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: falcon vs oozie
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 16:44:52 GMT
Hi Alex,

As we discussed on IRC, Oozie is mostly focus on the job execution: it
means that it can trigger/schedule the jobs. It will start a job when
another one is done, or another job in case of failure.

Falcon is more data motion oriented. It means it can trigger a job when
the data changed (the data coming from another job for instance).

You are right, in order to create a Falcon process, you have to create
the workflow.xml by hand. But a process can also be a pig process and
here you don't need the workflow.xml. I proposed to add new kind of
Falcon processes to avoid to create the workflow.xml by hand.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré