falcon-dev mailing list archives

From samar kumar <samar.opensou...@gmail.com>
Subject Falcon Designer :Choice of technologies/Frameworks
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:02:45 GMT
Hi Devs,
   Need to zero down on a list of frameworks/technologies for the falcon
designer.I am putting up my proposal .

Added a picture of high level diagram to represent the architecture and
different choice of technologies at each level

I started experimenting with gwt as our choice of framework for the
development of UI application in designer , but as I proceeded I am finding
it difficult building a DAG editor which would help us created falcon
pipelines. It would be because of less exposure to UI technologies and GWT
or may be GWT is not meant to support complex UIs. So  planned to move to
more powerful low level technologies.

So going by the obvious choice I propose use of JS as the frontend/Client
technologies and Java/rest as the backed technology. Java and rest seems to
obvious choice at this point of time . Also we might want to choose MVC
framework like spring but I don't see a reason at this point of time.

 I would like to open up the discussion to the choice of JS frameworks that
we could use to build the designer UI.

Regards,
Samar