falcon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Release votes
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 17:42:28 GMT


> Seetharam Venkatesh <mailto:venkatesh@innerzeal.com>
> June 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM
> Alan, are you referring to "2013 Alternate Release Voting Process"?
Yes.
>> Select podlings pre-cleared by a majority vote of the IPMC MAY
> participate in an alternate release voting process:
>
> Should I send an email to incubator general ML to get this approval?
> Thanks!
It appears that that is the first step in the process.

Alan.
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Alan Gates<gates@hortonworks.com>  wrote:
>> AFAIK a few teams are using the new process.   I think the new process is
> still viewed as experimental and may change and/or go away in the future.
>> Alan.
>>
>> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>> June 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
>> Thanks Alan. This is useful. Just wanted to check with you on the status
> text onhttp://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html  which states that
> this is still work in progress, but not ready for use.
>> Regards
>> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>>
>> ----------------------------------------
>> Alan Gates
>> June 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM
>> A couple of weeks ago Venkatesh asked me about the policy on release
> votes.  The background was his frustration at getting enough PPMC votes but
> not enough IPMC votes.  It is now possible to set up the podling so that
> IPMC votes are not necessary, though you need pre-clearance from the IPMC.
>   The details are at
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>> Alan.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sent with Postbox
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity
> to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential,
> privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
> any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or
> forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately
> and delete it from your system. Thank You.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> Venkatesh
>
> “Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.”
> - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>
> Alan Gates <mailto:gates@hortonworks.com>
> June 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
> AFAIK a few teams are using the new process.   I think the new process 
> is still viewed as experimental and may change and/or go away in the 
> future.
>
> Alan.
>
>
> Srikanth Sundarrajan <mailto:sriksun@hotmail.com>
> June 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
> Thanks Alan. This is useful. Just wanted to check with you on the 
> status text on http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html which 
> states that this is still work in progress, but not ready for use.
>
> Regards
> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>
> ----------------------------------------
> Alan Gates <mailto:gates@hortonworks.com>
> June 23, 2014 at 10:54 AM
> A couple of weeks ago Venkatesh asked me about the policy on release 
> votes.  The background was his frustration at getting enough PPMC 
> votes but not enough IPMC votes.  It is now possible to set up the 
> podling so that IPMC votes are not necessary, though you need 
> pre-clearance from the IPMC.  The details are at 
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
>
> Alan.
>

-- 
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

-- 
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to 
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, 
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader 
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that 
any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or 
forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately 
and delete it from your system. Thank You.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/related (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message