falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Sunil N Kumar <suniln.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Hive Tables as Falcon Feed Input Error
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:29:29 GMT
Hi Srikanth,
It is still in waiting state at oozie.

Thanks and Regard.
Sunil Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Srikanth Sundarrajan [mailto:sriksun@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:53 PM
To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hive Tables as Falcon Feed Input Error

Hi Sunil,    Can you confirm if the process has kicked off in hadoop or is it still in PREP
/ WAITING state in oozie ?
RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan

> From: suniln.kumar@impetus.co.in
> To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Hive Tables as Falcon Feed Input Error
> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 06:37:01 +0000
>
> Hi,
> I am able to resolve Feed definition issue for the Hive tables. It is mandatory to have
Hive partition for you hive tables and it also needs to build Oozie with the Hive and Hcatalog
jars. Please refer to below blog for building oozie with Hive Dependencies:
> http://blog.nanthrax.net/2014/03/hadoop-cdc-and-processes-notification
> -with-apache-falcon-apache-activemq-and-apache-camel/
>

> But now I am facing issue with the Process execution of falcon for the Hive tables. It
remain running state from last 18 hours . Not sure what is the issue . can somebody help me
to resolve this.

>  Following is the process definition of the Hive process I have created :
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <process name="hiveprocess2"
> xmlns="uri:falcon:process:0.1">
>     <clusters>
>         <cluster name="demoClsHive1">
>             <validity end="2014-04-22T00:00Z" start="2014-04-01T00:00Z"/>
>         </cluster>
>     </clusters>
>
>     <parallel>1</parallel>
>     <order>FIFO</order>
>     <frequency>days(1)</frequency>
>     <timezone>UTC</timezone>
>
>     <inputs>
>         <input end="today(0,0)" start="today(0,0)" feed="reservation2" name="input"/>
>     </inputs>
>
>     <outputs>
>         <output instance="now(0,0)" feed="reservationmale2" name="output"/>
>     </outputs>
>
>     <properties>
>         <property name="queueName" value="default"/>
>     </properties>
>
>     <workflow engine="hive" path="/falcon/hive_run/script.hql"/>
>
>     <retry policy="periodic" delay="minutes(10)" attempts="3"/>
>
>     <late-process policy="exp-backoff" delay="hours(2)">
>         <late-input input="input" workflow-path="/falcon/hive_run/"/>
>     </late-process>
> </process>

I have created two tables in the Hive and want to join data from these tables and put data
into third Hive table using falcon Process. But I am not able to submit Input feed into Falcon
Server. I am using Falcon 0.4 release.

> Input Feed XML:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> <feed description="clicks log table " name="input-table"
> xmlns="uri:falcon:feed:0.1">
>
>     <frequency>hours(1)</frequency>
>
>     <timezone>UTC</timezone>
>
>     <late-arrival cut-off="hours(3)"/>
>

>     <clusters>
>
>         <cluster name="demoClsHive">
>
>             <validity start="2010-01-01T00:00Z"
> end="2012-04-21T00:00Z"/>
>
>             <retention limit="hours(24)" action="delete"/>
>
>         </cluster>
>
>     </clusters>

>     <ACL owner="cloud" group="cloud" permission="0x755"/>
>
>     <schema location="hcat" provider="hcat"/>
>
> </feed>
>

> Error:
>
> [cloud@Impetus-942 falcon-distributed-0.4-incubating]$ bin/falcon
> entity -submit -type feed -file examples/entity/in-feed.xml
>
> Error: java.net.URISyntaxException: URI path is not in expected format: database:table:
catalog:default:reservationnew:gender='Male'

interception or interference.