falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XMLs in the falcon
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 05:51:40 GMT
Hi Jagat,    There are a lot of functionality that Falcon provides which would require this
structured metadata (in xmls). I do understand your pain in having to create these xml especially
when the number of feeds you would want to onboard is large. Since you seem to need very few
customisations, perhaps we can add a feature to do expand on standard cluster & feed definition
templates and overlay custom data from a property file or any other input to bootstrap the
xml creation. This will reduce the burden in creating these xmls, while still providing the
expressibility. Do you see this adequately addressing your concern?
Patch for the same is welcome too.
RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan