falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Seetharam Venkatesh <venkat...@innerzeal.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] falcon 0.5 release
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:57:31 GMT
HCat was not tested with dated sub partitions. Having a fix for these is a
good idea but there is a dependency on Oozie for this and not sure how this
plays out. The retention already has a patch and will review/commit it this
week.

What else is open wrt stability. There will be bugs and holding off a
release calling out experimental features unstable is not a good thing. I
also wanted to start a discuss thread to explore ideas to see how we can
make adding new features a breeze and mark 'em as experimental. These
features should take couple of release cycles to bake in and will be marked
Beta/GA to be used in production.

In that light, you could release a 0.4.1 stable version but I can go ahead
and make a 0.5 - experimental release with new features for users to play
with. Lineage is not fully baked. Security for a large part has been tested
but can be marked beta.

Thoughts?

--
Regards,
Venkatesh

"Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
but rather when there is nothing more to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry