falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Falcon Roadmap
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:31:08 GMT
Hi Jean,If there is enough interest in this area and is in line with the larger objectives
of the project, we should certainly be able to add it to the Roadmap. I am keen to learn more
about this and your thinking on the topic.
RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan

> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:20:54 +0100
> From: jb@nanthrax.net
> To: dev@falcon.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Falcon Roadmap
>
> Hi Srikanth,
>
> The roadmap looks good to me.
>
> Do we have any plan about data anonymity ?
>
> On my side, I'm working on an example of CDC with Falcon and Camel, and
> support of Falcon commands directly in Karaf. (update to ActiveMQ 5.9.0
> is in progress too).
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 01/09/2014 11:16 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan wrote:
> >

> > Hi Everyone,    We have made good progress on the Falcon project since its incubation.
We have had an initial release (0.3-incubating), following which we have added support for
Hadoop 2.0, Hcatalog integration, hive execution engine. Venkatesh Seetharam has recently
called for vote for release of 0.4-incubating with these features. We are now actively adding
security features besides a number of operability improvements, all of which should go out
in 0.5-incubating release in near future. At this juncture, I wanted to get the thoughts from
the community on the following feature addition to Falcon over the next few releases.
> > 1. Falcon Administration and Monitoring Dashboard (Umbrella JIRA: FALCON-37)2. Support
for Falcon Process Designer (Umberlla JIRA: FALCON-253)3. Support stream abstractions and
allow for streaming processing through Falcon over Apache Storm