falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Falcon Roadmap
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:16:18 GMT

Hi Everyone,    We have made good progress on the Falcon project since its incubation. We
have had an initial release (0.3-incubating), following which we have added support for Hadoop
2.0, Hcatalog integration, hive execution engine. Venkatesh Seetharam has recently called
for vote for release of 0.4-incubating with these features. We are now actively adding security
features besides a number of operability improvements, all of which should go out in 0.5-incubating
release in near future. At this juncture, I wanted to get the thoughts from the community
on the following feature addition to Falcon over the next few releases.
1. Falcon Administration and Monitoring Dashboard (Umbrella JIRA: FALCON-37)2. Support for
Falcon Process Designer (Umberlla JIRA: FALCON-253)3. Support stream abstractions and allow
for streaming processing through Falcon over Apache Storm
RegardsSrikanth Sundarrajan