falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Who will be at ApacheCon NA ?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 02:07:06 GMT
Hi Srikanth,

I have two proposals in mind:

1/ Introduction to Falcon
What's the purpose of Falcon and the different features provided.
Falcon architecture: usage of oozie, ActiveMQ
What's entities: cluster, feeds, process
Use cases: replication, retention
Basically, it's an overview about the current features.

2/ Introduction to Falcon CDC and usage with Camel
It's a new feature on which I'm working on currently.
The purpose is to provide a Change Data Capture (for now only on HDFS).
I created a Jira to quickly described what I propose:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-267

I'm working on a branch. My purpose is not to bore you with that before
I don't have anything to show ;)
So, I'm preparing a patch with documentation/demo.
Like this, we can discuss all together about this feature.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré