falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Falcon Roadmap
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 10:20:54 GMT
Hi Srikanth,

The roadmap looks good to me.

Do we have any plan about data anonymity ?

On my side, I'm working on an example of CDC with Falcon and Camel, and
support of Falcon commands directly in Karaf. (update to ActiveMQ 5.9.0
is in progress too).

Regards
JB

On 01/09/2014 11:16 AM, Srikanth Sundarrajan wrote:

> Hi Everyone,    We have made good progress on the Falcon project since its incubation.
We have had an initial release (0.3-incubating), following which we have added support for
Hadoop 2.0, Hcatalog integration, hive execution engine. Venkatesh Seetharam has recently
called for vote for release of 0.4-incubating with these features. We are now actively adding
security features besides a number of operability improvements, all of which should go out
in 0.5-incubating release in near future. At this juncture, I wanted to get the thoughts from
the community on the following feature addition to Falcon over the next few releases.
> 1. Falcon Administration and Monitoring Dashboard (Umbrella JIRA: FALCON-37)2. Support
for Falcon Process Designer (Umberlla JIRA: FALCON-253)3. Support stream abstractions and
allow for streaming processing through Falcon over Apache Storm

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org