excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to top-level configuration tree in Excalibur?
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:36:02 GMT
Hi,

sorry for the late response. An answer from Berin Loritsch got stuck in
the moderation of this list. This is the answer from Berin:

"Excalibur was designed around each component only knowing and being
able to deal with their own information.  It was a conscious design
decision.  There are ways around the model, but typically you have to
mount the configuration tree to a JNDI context and load it when you need it.

Another way to deal with the arbitrarily complex graph is to have
multiple levels of Excalibur containers.  Essentially you have a top
level that manages the configuration and stands up the child Excalibur
container that manages the graphs that you have set up.  That is the way
to do it that matches the design of the Excalibur framework."

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org