excalibur-user mailing list archives

From "John E. Collins" <jcoll...@cs.umn.edu>
Subject Access to top-level configuration tree in Excalibur?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:40:18 GMT
I have an application that builds an arbitrarily complex dependency
graph among small analysis modules at runtime, using a a Configuration
derived from the XML configuration file. Most of the modules are not
Excalibur components, but are managed by a component, so all but the
leaves of the graph are accessible through that component's
Configuration. But there are other components, the leaves of the graph,
that are separate Excalibur components, and whose dependencies are
expressed in their individual Configuration trees. We want to make the
configuration visible and modifiable at runtime, which requires access
to the top-level configuration tree. I can get the configuration tree
for the individual components, but I cannot see how to get the top-level
tree. Is there such a thing? Is it available in any useful way?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

John Collins
University of Minnesota