excalibur-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Payne" <simon.pa...@1spatial.com>
Subject RE: problem with closing database connections using Excalibur Pool 1.2
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:14:27 GMT
Berin

Thanks for your comments. I would like to check the source for Excalibur Pool 1.2 and see
how it is handling errors from the driver, in case that is where the fault lies. Is it possible
to download that version's source?  I have found the binary of it on one of the FTP mirror
sites, and the source for later versions, but not that one.

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@d-haven.com]
Sent: 22 February 2008 16:22
To: Excalibur Users List; simon.payne@1spatial.com
Subject: Re: problem with closing database connections using Excalibur
Pool 1.2

The Oracle driver is notorious about dealing with open resources.  If
you forget to close one resultset, statement, etc. then not only will
the connection not close, but you'll get an exception regarding too many
cursors or something like that.  Make sure you are closing all those
resources inside a finally block, because one exception will throw
things off otherwise.

That's my best guess after not being in the code for years.