excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.com>
Subject Re: problem with closing database connections using Excalibur Pool 1.2
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:22:01 GMT
The Oracle driver is notorious about dealing with open resources.  If
you forget to close one resultset, statement, etc. then not only will
the connection not close, but you'll get an exception regarding too many
cursors or something like that.  Make sure you are closing all those
resources inside a finally block, because one exception will throw
things off otherwise.

That's my best guess after not being in the code for years.