excalibur-user mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Bug in FileSource?
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:50:35 GMT
FileSource incorrectly repeats the drive specification on Windows.
This causes errors retrieving files relative to the FileSource.

We are receiving this error using excalibur-sourceresolve-2.2.3.jar
(from Cocoon-2.1.11)
cause: java.io.FileNotFoundException: F:\F:\mydirectory\page2xhtml.xsl
(The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer
handler for F:///F:/myDirectory/page2xhtml-homepage.xsl

FILE: page2xhtml-homepage.xsl (relatively imports page2xhtml.xsl.)
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:import href="page2xhtml.xsl"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

JAVA TEST:
import java.io.File;
import org.apache.excalibur.source.Source;
import org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.FileSource;
public class mySourceFactory implements SourceFactory{
  public Source getSource(String location, Map parameters) throws
IOException, MalformedURLException {
      File file = new File(myDirectory, location);
      if(!file.exists()) throw new IOException("Bad file.");
      filepath = file.getAbsolutePath(); //Original assignment is
      print(filepath);  \\ "F:\myDirectory\myfile.xsl"
      FileSource source = new FileSource(filepath);
      print(source.getURI()); \\"F:///F:/myDirectory/myfile.xslt"
      return source;
   }
}

Are we doing something wrong?  Does FileSource.getURI() contain a bug?
 What is the workaround?

TIA,
solprovider