excalibur-user mailing list archives

From "walid joseph Gedeon" <wged...@gmail.com>
Subject Off-the-shelf Standalone App Framework?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:41:10 GMT
Hello all,
    I'm new to excalibur and co. and am still reading through the
available documentation. However, having read through the main pages,
I still have not found what I'm looking for... maybe someone on this
list can point me in the right direction?

    I'm looking for a relatively lightweight java application
framework that supports COP, IoC, but also can run as a standalone
application (i.e. with bootstrapping, start/stop scripts etc)

    The part that is so far missing is the bootstrapping mechanism.
Before I head out and write my own, I wanted to make sure I haven't
skipped over some existing thing...

Excalibur? Phoenix? Merlin? Keel? Metro? Spring? so many products that
seem to want to do the same thing... almost.

Thanks!
W.