excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Paul Christmann <pchristm...@gmail.com>
Subject URLSource bug?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 21:03:18 GMT
I've been digging through code in Cocoon and Excalibur, trying to
decide if there is a bug in either that is keeping me from deploying a
cocoon web application as a WAR.

(I've posted details of my problem on the cocoon users mailing list.
See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=110418663626644&w=2
if you're interested.  But in short: deploying as a WAR fails,
deploying as an expanded folder works).

It seems that the problem is with the
org.apache.excalibur.source.impl.URLSource: exists() returns true even
if the URL provided to the init method does not exist.  In cocoon, the
URL looks something like "jndi:/localhost/webapp/com.java".  (Why such
a weird URL?  For the life of me, I can't figure it out: something
with how rhino is interpreting a javascript file with an "importClass"
entry).

But - the URLSource constructed with that URL happily says it exists,
which causes a cocoon error when it tries to access it.

I've written two tests (I didn't see a URLSourceTestCase anywhere?):
one with an invalid http URL (http://localhost/garbage) and one with a
valid http url (http://www.example.com), and the exists method returns
true for both.

I've got a simple one line fix for URLSource that seems to do the
trick: set m_exists based on the returned contentLength.

But - before I submit to bugzilla (the patch and the test case), I
thought I'd check first: am I misunderstanding how the URLSource
should work, and will I be breaking other things if I make exists()
return false?
--
PC

Paul Christmann