excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Using ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource
Date Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:28:19 GMT
Hi Martin,

The fact that you get a compilation error indicates a version mismatch
between some of the jars (since we of course compile our source code against
itself before a release). I¹m afraid I don¹t know top-of-head what versions
of different jars are supposed to work together, and I don¹t think we have
those documented very well. Looking at the subversion and cvs history for
this component, Niclas Hedhman introduced some changes to this code in 2003:

  svn diff
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/trunk/avalon-excalibur/datasource/src
/java -r 18134:19463

Which seems to be causing your current woes. I¹m CC-ing him. I hope he can
be of assistance. There¹s probably a very plausible explanation for all of
this!

Regards,

Leo Simons