excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: historical question
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:51:19 GMT
Matthias Bertschy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are studying the story of the Avalon project and have made a lot of
> research work on the internet (wiki, mailing lists, ...) in order to
> understand what happened to the project.
> We had some difficulties because the website avalon.apache.org has
> closed before we could begin the study and archive it. But we have
> made out a general picture of what happened.

What do you want to know? I can probably fill you in on it.

> However, we don't really understand what makes Metro's container
> different from Loom or Excalibur. Could someone state the main
> differences between those projects?

Metro's ambition was to supercede Phoenix (the predecessor of Loom).
Therefore it is more designed for "big" projects than a container that
can be embedded in your software ala Excalibur.

> Also, we would like to know if it is possible to get the exact
> specifications of the framework you are using?

It's the Avalon framework.  The question you are asking is kind of
broad.  In what context are you asking?  What piece of the puzzle do you
need?