excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Using ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:05:37 GMT
On Saturday 15 January 2005 14:28, Leo Simons wrote:

>   svn diff
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/trunk/avalon-excalibur/datasource/sr
>c /java -r 18134:19463
>
> Which seems to be causing your current woes. I¹m CC-ing him. I hope he can
> be of assistance. There¹s probably a very plausible explanation for all of
> this!

All changes I made was to get everything to compile.
Since ValidatedResourceLimitingPool had changed the type, it was necessary to
change the m_pool field in ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource.

Why the change happened in ValidatedResourceLimitingPool was not on my table,
my goal was only to establish a complete set of artifacts, without any cyclic
dependencies, which would compile and pass their tests.

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in the mailing lists.

The good news that what existed in CVS prior to the SVN migration (and
subsequent formation of Excalibur TLP) compiles and has not been 'cleaned up'
from so called 'unused' code. Martin should be able to build all from source
by checking out avalon-excalibur roughly around early May 2004, and just
build from the top dir with Maven (perhaps an older Maven required ;o) )
The bundle of jars produced should have no problems of working with each
other, although there are apparently incompatibilities between these and
older classes, so no "free mix" is possible.

I hope this helps.

Niclas