excalibur-user mailing list archives

From "Dorninger Bernhard" <Bernhard.Dornin...@scch.at>
Subject Fortress vs. Merlin/Metro
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:36:36 GMT
Hi,
I am new to the Apache efforts in COP and noticed, that there is a major
reorganisation going on. For newbies like me, this is a little
confusing.
As far as i can see, Avalon will now be hosted and maintained by the
Excalibur project, whereas Merlin goes Metro on DPML.net. Unfortunately,
this information is only available in mailing lists and is not reflected
on the project websites (yet?).

My question here is: What is the difference/are the different goals of
Fortress and Merlin? Can someone please drop a short notice about that
question?

Does fortress support hot deploy of components?

thanks,
Bernhard