excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Colin Taylor <colin.tay...@gmail.com>
Subject container config
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:23:31 GMT
Couple more newbie questions. Slightly more advanced than before hopefully :)

Is there a way to split the xconf up if its got too many components in it?

Is there a way to add a path to the container classpath? I'm
refactoring a very large codebase and want to have Fortress component
wrapping the modules which have separate directory structures without
a common root.

Taking the last point a step further I would like to have classloading
behaviour where a components  'lib'  dir is checked first before the
containers 'lib' dir. Is this sort of thing in Fortress's 'remit'?
This seems ideal behaviour to me so ..

Obviously I could ovveride container, configuration classes but just
thought Id check the existing facilities.. CVS does seem more advanced
than the docs so hopefully this isnt just a case of RTFM..

cheers muchly
Colin.