excalibur-user mailing list archives

From Eero Kaukonen <eero.kauko...@avaintec.fi>
Subject Custom InstrumentListeners?
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:32:56 GMT
Hello,

Is there any way to add custom Value- or CounterInstrumentListeners to
an InstrumentProxy without touching the contents of excalibur-instrument
or excalibur-instrument-manager packages? It seems to me that the only
way to add listeners is to use createInstrumentSample()- method in
InstrumentDescriptor and that it is not possible to create custom
samples with it, not even with a custom InstrumentClient.

The reason  why I am doing this is that  I would like to log every
single value of certain instruments to a db, to collect data of single
transactions in our app. Does anybody have some other ideas how this
could be done?  I'd prefer instruments, since the dataprocessing should
be done in a different client, not inside our app.

-eero