excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Intent to resign, nomination of new chair
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:15:52 GMT

Hello all.

My "apache time" is increasingly being taken up by board and
conference issues.  I don't want to hold Excalibur back, particularly
since there has been some increased activity this year.  So I think
it's best if I step down and let someone else take over the reigns.

I'd like to nominate Carsten Ziegeler for the PMC chair position.
He's been with the project for years, can appreciate its history and
relationships with other ASF projects, and has been one of the few
active committers to the project recently (thanks Carsten!).  He's
shown an interest in keeping the project active and maintaining it
properly.

If anyone has any other nominations, please submit them to this
thread.

There's a board meeting on the 29th, but unless we get a very quick
unanimous response from the PMC, I'm assuming the change won't happen
until September.

NOTE: this email is going out to the general dev list and the private
list.  I believe most of the discussion can be on the dev list, but be
aware of which list you're replying to.

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁          cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905