excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] sourceresolver 2.2.2 release
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:55:01 GMT
Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> writes:

> No seriously this is something that we need to flesh out. Personally i
> only need it to be on the m2 repo, however i'm sure other people still
> prefer the traditional .tar.gz download from dist.

We need at least a source release.  I'm not very comfortable with only
releasing to maven repositories and not to the mirrors.  Does any
other project do that?

> The single large release directory was mainly done for simplicity
> reasons, didn't have time nor energy then to package everything up
> like previous releases.
> The 'new release' will only contain the new pom and the sourceresolver
> module yes, in m2 repo layout. This can always be converted manually
> to the /dist structure.
>
> Sorry for not being more thorough on this, current time and
> involvement doesn't allow for much more :(

I understand.  I'm finally moved to a flat in Hong Kong and done with
a series of conferences, so I have some time now.  If we can figure
out how to release this, then I'm +1 on both votes.

We have at least 2 options:

 - Build and release the entire Excalibur distribution
   (bumpint up version numbers as necessary)

 - Build a .tar.gz source and binary release of just the new
   components and create a new link on the downloads page.

--
  jaaron