excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: completing the release process
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:14:18 GMT
Jorg Heymans <jheymans@apache.org> writes:

> Would it be fair to say that, since this was most probably the last
> big release, it is not so important anymore to adhere to the previous
> release structure and you could just go ahead and do A) - also for
> simplicity's sake ?

Honestly, that's what I'd like to do, but I wanted to bring the issue
up so anyone who doesn't like the idea can complain.  The reason we
had releases broken up before is so that someone could do a release of
an individual component, rather than all of excalibur.  Back in the
day, it was hard to get all the components on the same release
schedule, so breaking them up was the solution.

If no one else complains within 24 hours, I'm going to go ahead and
release as is.  I'll update the website and downloads page too.

--
  jaaron