excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: www.apache.org/dist/excalibur signatures
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:50:34 GMT
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Leo Simons wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:29:10 +0100
> From: Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com>
> To: Excalibur Developers List <dev@excalibur.apache.org>
> Cc: Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl>, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
> Subject: www.apache.org/dist/excalibur signatures (was: Re: Cron
>     <henkp@minotaur> ( cd /home/henkp/checker ; /usr/bin/make -s cron ) (fwd))

   [ ... ]

Hi,

>> I will find time to fix it tonight.
>
> Should all be done (was indeed just symlinking to do).

   Thanks a lot ; almost there :-). Please see

     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/checker/sig.html#user-leosimons

   This .asc is pointing to a .md5 :

     excalibur/excalibur-fortress/binaries/avalon-fortress-container-1.1.zip.asc
       -> excalibur-fortress-container-1.1.zip.md5

   There remain 3 'missing sigs'. It would be nice if those were fixed too.

> I also note that /dist/avalon is missing 35 signatures, all related files
> owned by Niclas.

> Also interesting from Henk's page -- there's a total of 3467 artifacts in
> /dist, now. Of those, 659 are from excalibur, 640 are from avalon, and 561
> are from jakarta. The next runner-up then is tomcat, with a measly 168
> artifacts. In other words, you *still* have to consider us rather big by
> modern-day standard!

   ... two remarks :

   1. there are a lot of excalibur/avalon doubles ; see 'fyi : some doubles' in

     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/checker/md5.html

   2. othere projects recently cleaned up a lot of old versions ;
      refering users to 'archive.apache.org' in README.html files.

   That is not to say that a big cleanup is in order, but it puts
   the numbers in perspective.

> - Leo

   Thanks again, regards,

   Henk Penning