excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: www.apache.org/dist/excalibur signatures
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:40:32 GMT
On Mar 20, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Henk P. Penning wrote:
>> Also interesting from Henk's page -- there's a total of 3467
>> artifacts in /dist, now. Of those, 659 are from excalibur, 640 are
>> from avalon, and 561 are from jakarta. The next runner-up then is
>> tomcat, with a measly 168 artifacts. In other words, you *still*
>> have to consider us rather big by modern-day standard!
>
>   ... two remarks :
>
>   1. there are a lot of excalibur/avalon doubles ; see 'fyi : some
> doubles' in
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/checker/md5.html
>
>   2. othere projects recently cleaned up a lot of old versions ;
>      refering users to 'archive.apache.org' in README.html files.
>
>   That is not to say that a big cleanup is in order, but it puts
>   the numbers in perspective.

:-). I don't really want to sift through the 100s of files in dist/
avalon to figure out what to do with each of them; many of them are
so old that no-one will remember. Do we have any idea how much that
stuff is still accessed? If it's only a little bit, we can consider
just rm -Rf-ing it and pointing to archive.apache.org.

Is there an easy way to find out just the (non-symlink) dupes just
within dist/excalibur?

- Leo