excalibur-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject thanks for getting it out there! (was: Re: completing the release process)
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:06:18 GMT
Hey guys,

I think a big *thank you* to Aaron and especially to Jorg (first-time
release manager I believe!) is in order. So: thank you!

Doing release management for a project like ours is not exactly
trivial, and given how old, erm, stable this stuff is and how much
"exciting" stuff happens around here, it might not be too glamorous
either. I think the fact that we (finally!) were able to get this
stuff out properly is worth a lot; for me it is part of showing that
apache can make good on its stability and long-term availability
reputation. In a java landscape full of backwards-incompatible
releases, loads of java-5-only open source projects (when 90% of the
industry runs 1.4.x), continuous refactoring, and classloader
architectures that *still* mostly suck everywhere, excalibur remains
a dependable bastion of stability.

I don't know if you'll make it to ApacheCon Europe (though I'll be
really surprised if I see Aaron around here :-)), but I'll be sure to
buy you a beer or other beverage if you do!

cheers,

Leo